3/21/12

The Male’s Perspective: Mr. Anonymous- a.k.a. Muddy

Hi ladies and gents,

I have some things that I want to talk to you about, but that’s going to have to wait until later on in the week. (I promise I won’t forget because it’s being weighing on me, so I have to get it off my chest). At the moment though, I wanted to post this interview that I recently did with a guy that shall be appropriately named “Anonymous”.  
He wanted me to call him Muddy but I was like that’s weird…that is until I found out that Muddy (Muddy Waters) was a popular Blues sensation, and then it made sense and seemed totally befitting for him. (Hey, how was I supposed to know- that’s WAY before my time lol!). So how about we just call him Mr. Anonymous-a.k.a. Muddy. It’s a mouthful, but we’ll work with it J.
Anyway, I guess you are wondering why I’m not using his real name anyway or at least his initials like I have done for every other male’s interview that I have conducted…the answer to that is due to the nature of his job, he requested that I keep his profile as low as possible if he agreed to do the interview. Thus, I complied…I get it… I know what he does and I agree it’s best if he remains anonymous….
Just for some quick info though, Mr. Anonymous-a.k.a. Muddy (I shake my head & smile each time I write thisJ), is an ambitious, driven, take no prisoners kind of a guy. While his motivation impels him to succeed, his compassionate heart and his sound upbringing drives him to literally give the shirt off his back. While you have no idea who he is now (because he wanted to keep it that way!), I’m sure that many of us will become very familiar with him in the years to come; he’s just that driven, talented, and ardent.
Without further ado, here it is: his responses in his own words.

*Side note: I laughed out loud at some of his comments; check them out and tell me what you think*
1.      Why did you agree to allow me to interview you? I’ll do anything for you.

2.      Why do you think that abuse (mental, emotional, or physical) is becoming more prevalent in relationships these days, especially in younger couples? I wasn't aware that abuse was anymore prevalent now than at any time before. If that's true, let's blame it on 1) young people who don't respect others and 2) young people who don't respect themselves.

3.      Why do you think so many girls try to “change” the guy that she is with in order to fit her ideal man? I blame Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, and Jasmine. They never explained that "Prince Charming" was getting paid to play along. Real men, (myself included), are stubborn and we naturally crave control, similar to the way women crave attention. Meaning: the more you try to change us, the deeper we dig-in our heels.

4.      Why can a guy do something and its ok, and a girl do the same thing and she become labeled? There are such things as double-standards I guess. The world isn’t perfect. Blame the author of Proverbs 31. Or whoever wrote in the Bible about a "virtuous woman".

5.      Can a guy tell when a girl has low self-esteem/low confidence? I think if she's not a good actress he can. But most girls are pretty good at controlling the signals that they send to guys, even if they're a nervous wreck.

6.      What do you think are some of the damaging consequences of sex before marriage? Health risks. Read the stats. And I'm not sure when it became cool to be "16 and Pregnant", but the reality is that life might prove to be far less enjoyable for both you and your child.

7.      Why do so many people do it if the potential negatives outweigh the positives? It's a natural human function. It's intended for all mature adults. The negatives don't always outweigh the positives, but when you go outside the true purpose(s), (to create a family w/ your spouse, express love for one another, etc.), you increase that risk by a lot.

8.      Fill in the blank: If a guy really cares about you, then he wouldn’t __________. “Make you wonder if he really cares about you...."                      

9.      What about a woman attracts you to her? Looks, Brains, and Ambition (In no particular order, but best served together as a combo).

10.  What would a romantic date be like with you? Hmmm..... I'm not sure I've actually accomplished one of those yet.

***Another side note*** I hate to break into the interview like this, but this guy is clearly being humble. If you can’t discern from his outlook and responses, he’s a charmer; anyone who meets him is instantly intrigued and wants more. Just had to throw that in there! Now back to your regularly scheduled program…***

11.  What 3 tips about dating/relationships can you give to the young ladies reading this?

A) If you want a real man, be a real woman. 
   
B) If he didn't have good values and a solid faith before he got your number, save your energy. You won't change him. If he gave you the hint that he's a low-life, he's most likely a low-life. No mater how hard you work to change him, you won't.

C) Wait for the person who motivates you to BE better, not just to look better.


               *Doors of the church are now open*

               -Mr. Anonymous- a.k.a. Muddy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate ya'll for taking the time to comment. Tell me your thoughts, and I'll try to respond back as soon as possible. Have a good day :)